Followers

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I'm blessed to have a very special mum. We don't always see eye to eye but she has been there for me in the worst and best of times. I got mum one of the Target/Vera (Neumann) scarves. Mum has always collected scarves, especially when she travled the world. A few years ago I started buying her vintage Vera scarfes. I'm excited that Target did this colloboration. I hope to go back and stock up on a few extras for her.

I don't have 'human' babies but I do have 4 legged babies.

Introducing ...

Sally aka Sally-Monella -

Sally is 2 yrs and 7 months. She is a Rottenees (1/2 Rottweiler and 1/2 Great Pyrenees). I got her when she was 5 months old. I was her 3rd home and now she has a forever home with me. She's a hefty girl at 102 pounds. She snores, slobbers and loves to chew and break up branches. Her favourite toy is a latex chicken. I call it her 'baby', which she carries around and slobbers all over it. She likes to lay her head on me when laying on the sofa. For a big dog she has a very high-pitched bark but a very lovely growl. She likes to patrol the backyard for critters ... raccoons, birds, squirrels and opossums. When she was a pup she usually slept on her back. She does every once in a while now and when she does she snore up a storm or she lets her tongue hang out.

 
 

Lucky aka Merpy/Merple -

Lucky is 1 year and 7 months. She is 27 pounds. I got her as a playmate for Sally. I wanted another female, mixed breed, big dog as her playmate. Mum scoured the paper and found some Pitbull mix/German Shepard mix pips. Mum and I went and looked at the pups. It was so sad. First it was a FREEZING October day and pups were all hiding behind tires. The momma took off when we came on the property. Anyway, Lucky was the only female I could catch. She was so tiny and shivering. I put her inside my hoodie and took her home. Sally fell in love with her. She played momma to her. They get along really well, except when it comes to food.. Though I think Lucky's momma got with another dog because Lucky does not look anything close to Pitbull mix or German Shepard mix. She looks very terrier - Jack Russell to be exact mixed with who knows what else. She has a forever home.

 
 
If you are looking for a pet, please look in your local paper for *free* pets, check out your local animal shelters or foster a pet. I'm amazed at how many previous pets I've had that I have found in my neighbourhood (dumped animals) that nobody has claimed. It's so sad and chicken-shit that a person can just dump an animal.

 
Rawrrrrrr I'm gonna attack your paws!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment